I’m back! Apologies for the hiatus!! I’ve been busy with work, and road trips, and birthdays, and pulling weeds in my yard. Speaking of birthdays, this recipe goes out to a certain brother-in-law whose love of chocolate rivals my own. I scrapped together what I had in my cupboard, and it turned out pretty darn delicious!
Happy Birthday, Jamie! 🙂
Ingredients: Yields 24 large cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 16.5 oz Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz bag of mini chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, combine the butter, egg, and vanilla.
2) Stir in the cake mix, adding heavy whipping cream midway.
3) When the cake mix is completely incorporated, add the chocolate chips.
4) Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes.
5) Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheets, then remove to wire racks.
The cookies are really soft and moist. This is a really easy cookie recipe, and I’m so happy with how they turned out!